Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thrid Game v Johnson, Part 4

Here are some more photos of the game against Johnson on Saturday afternoon. There are lots more photos of offensive plays. One of my most perceptive critics has suggested that I'm shorting the defensive players by showing so much offense. This post only serves to prove that she's right about that, as about so much else. So next game I intend to stay in one place and shoot from the goal we defend for at least one period.

As I'm writing this on Monday night, there is a question in my mind about when that game will occur. Someone said that April is the cruelest month, but I think March comes close. We started out the month with a postponed game in Delano against the Crow River team. The forecast for tomorrow looks challenging. I just put the dog out, and the precipitation has already started. Who will drive to Hastings in a spring snow storm? So if there's a game tomorrow afternoon at 4:30 pm in Hastings, I'll try to be there, camera in hand on the defensive end of the rink. But if we get canceled due to weather, you can return here to see the final post of photos from the game against Johnson, which will be up late Tuesday afternoon.

Here's Gavin reaching for the puck.

Andrew S. looking for a shot on goal.

Stay off the plexiglass, Max.

Andrew's crazy legs befuddle the opponents.

Four against one isn't really fair...to the other team.

No comments: